Under Resources for Booksellers you find information about the Karger publishing program and the order process as well as the contact information of the person in charge of congresses and special promotions.
Access Policy for Karger Online Products
(Please see Terms and Conditions for the Use of Karger Online Publications for the complete text)
|1.||The Publisher at no charge provides online access to the Licensee to the Licensed Content for a guaranteed period of 5 years, this period starting from the invoice date.|
|2.||If the Licensee purchases any further e-Content (journals, books, collections) within this original 5-year-period, the guaranteed online access to all purchased content then restarts from the invoice date of the latest acquisition for another 5-year-period. Online access to subscriptions which are regularly renewed (mostly annually) hence will be extended continuously without any maintenance fee.|
|3.||If no new e-Products are purchased within this original 5-year-period from the last date of the invoice, the online access to the purchased content automatically lapses as soon as these five years run out. In this case though, online archival access can be provided and extended upon Licensee's explicit request against a maintenance fee of CHF 500.00 (subject to change, which is in the sole discretion of the Publisher) for another 5-year-period.|
|4.a||Further extensions of the online archival access are possible for a single or for multiple 5-year periods without time limitation against prepayment of a corresponding maintenance fee. Alternatively, the Publisher may quote a perpetual access fee upon request after a 5-year period without any additional e-content purchase.|
|4.b||Customers with a minimum of five consecutive years of electronic content purchases are automatically exempted from the long term access policy of Clause 4.a and will be provided unconditionally with perpetual online access, without any fee applying.|
|5.||In the event that the Publisher himself can no longer provide such archival access, the Publisher will make the online format of the Licensed Content available through the third-party service provider Portico, who may impose his own charges, for which the Publisher is not accountable or in any way involved in the negotiation process|
Infopaper Alerts/RSS Feeds
Online and Print Book Orders
When ordering Karger book titles in the different formats, please bear the following in mind:
- Completion of a site license agreement is required with first-time orders for Karger online products (including individual eBooks). If you use an order form directly on the Karger website, the site license agreement is included.
- For all other order submissions please complete our online license separately which we will file together with the order we receive from your agent. To enable us to match your license with your order, please indicate your library's address with your eBooks order. (Unless there are changes in the IP address information or the number of users/sites gaining access, you are not required to submit the site license again with further online orders.)
- Standing orders may be placed for both formats (print or online).
- As for all Karger online products, online access is guaranteed for a minimum of five years, while perpetual access is an extra option; for details please refer to our 'Access Policy for Karger Online Products' below.
- Karger eBooks are included in either our eBook Serials or eBooks Non-Serials collection, and preferential terms are available for institutional customers.